hit counter for tumblr
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Twitter
RSS

Fishing Tips : How to Hook a Bait Fish

When hooking a bait fish, the most popular method is by hooking the dorsal fin, but a fisherman can also hook one through the lips. Avoid paralyzing a bait fish when hooking it with help from a fishing guide in this free video on fishing for beginners. Expert: Mark Senosk Bio: Mark Senosk is a professionally trained fishing guide, studying under the Hubbards Guide Academy. Filmmaker: David Pakman
Video Rating: 2 / 5

How to set the hook on a fish. For any fish
Video Rating: 4 / 5

Fishing boats, Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, India
fishing tips

Image by Happy Sleepy

Question by Noodle: Norris Lake Tennessee fishing tips what bait to use?
Okay so my family and I are going to Norris lake in about 3 weeks and my boyfriend is going, well he likes to fish and he’s real excited about going to fish, but he wanted to know like what kind of bait would be good to use, I know that he doesn’t want to catch like bass or anything he can catch at home in Ohio and my family isn’t exactly any help when it comes to knowing what bait to get.

Best answer:

Answer by Scott
Norris Lake Fishing Tips

Norris Lake has over 56 species of fish. The clear deep waters of Norris Lake create a perfect habitat for stripers, walleye, largemouth, smallmouth, bluegill, catfish and black crappie. Famous for its trophy-size stripers, walleye and catches of black crappie, Norris has become a favorite destination for anglers across the country. Ask for fishing tips at the dock before your trip.
Current fishing report: Bluegill is good, fish close to deep rock cliffs, where there is brush or some other structure. Crickets are the favorite bait, bigger bluegill are found at deeper depths 15-20 ft. etc. Bass – Largemouth are being found at deep depths using a deep running lure. Crappie- are slow some are being caught at night, using minnows. Catfish – are being taken using jugs or limblines. We are looking for better fishing conditions as lake levels decline and cooler weather comes this fall. Want a fishing report that you don’t see here? Call us at (423) 626-5826.

Fishing Report

Striper – Rockfish
Striper fishing is great, the stripers are running close to the lake shoreline. They are feeding on the alewife spawn, therefore many are being taken by bank fisherman. The clay or pea gravel points seem to be producing the most fish. The fish are being taken from 33 Bridge area running waters of the Clinch River. The alewife minows are the best bait but shad-shiners or bleugill are also producing good limits of fish. 10 to 15lb fish are being caught regularly.

Bass-Largemouth & Spotted Bass
Bass are being taken on the top water on shallow running baits. Buzz-baits, Sammies, Shallow Running Papalas are top baits for Bass. Several limits are being taken. Smallmouth Bass are being taken on live bait.

Crappie
Crappie are nesting now – a few fish are being caught in brush piles. Night fishing for crappie should be starting any time now. Small minows are the best bait.

Bluegill
Bluegill are starting to be caught on crickets, they are showing up around floating docks, and next to bushpiles or other structures, such as rocky bluffs.

Catfish
Catfish are being caught from bank fisherman. Again live bait is best to use. Some 8-10lb fish are showing up. The limbline and jug fishing should be good by mid May.Largemouth Bass – May and June;
Use light tackle and fish deep.
Smallmouth Bass – January and February;
April and May; Fish live bait off points.
Crappie – Late April through May;
Near fish attractors.
Walleye – February and March;
Fish in the headwaters.
Sometimes at night in the summer trolling.
Catfish – Spring through summer.
Striped Bass (rockfish) – April and May;
Can be caught through the summer fishing
live bait in open water.
Bluegill – Spring through fall.
License Information
A Tennessee fishing license is required. Nonresidents
have a choice of annual, 10-day or
3-day fishing license, for either all fish or no trout.
If you are under 13, you do not need a license.
Annual fishing licenses go on sale February 18,
the start of prime fishing. Licenses are available
by phone, on the web, by mail or from the county
court clerks, sporting goods stores, hardware
stores and marinas. To purchase a license or for
more information, call 888-814-8972 or visit
www.tnwildlife.org. If purchased by phone, an
authorization number will allow you to fish immediately.
Call the marinas for information on local
fishing tournaments, area guides and other tips.
Creel and Size Limits
Redear Sunfish – 20 per day, no length
limit
Muskellunge – 1 per day, 36 inch minimum
length limit
Bluegill/Warmouth/and other
sunfishes – 30 per day, no length limit

Add your own answer in the comments!

34 Responses to “Fishing Tips : How to Hook a Bait Fish”

1. cuff1957 says:

keep up th good work and before you know it your a masterbaitor.

2. Phillll1982 says:

yeah need some close ups… poor video

3. manmanguy says:

I go through the mouth and out the eye, that way they still have one eye to see, and will run like hell because they are missing an eye. Never fails.

4. iluvfatchx says:

cant see shit remove the subtitles

5. ArararoZamora says:

sux to be a fish…. lol

6. DoKu69 says:

best way to hook minnows sewing needle and string, string the threat thru their back or their node u wont harm it in any way and tie the line to the hook
    ur good

7. wkwickham says:

if you hold the minnow up to the light , you will see a dark line going down the length of the fish and just higher than center

that is the spine and you’re piercing it so the hook goes near the top fin and fairly high on the body so as to not hit the spine

it will almost be lick knicking the meat and should swim a while

8. 7Gkar7 says:

Yep . I would like to know too ^^

9. DRT49 says:

As a fishing rookie (freshwater anyway) I grew tired of paralyzing the minnows I purchased and started hooking them through the lips. Not the best method most likely, I have lost more than a few because the hook fell out or (gasp) the lips came off when the line snagged during my cast.

Could you post another video with a closer look at WHERE to hook the bait fish behind the dorsal fin please? I think I might have better results with that method if I knew the proper location for the hook. TY

10. TheStevesteve80 says:

0:13. LOL. Dipshit….

11. mikecovey2005 says:

@Hookinfinger3 hey hey hey this is an educational video not a slam room

12. tapman2beast says:

caught 7 huge bass today , lost 7 more -_-

13. BASSFISHINGVIDS101 says:

hey guys view my channel sub and message me to be entered to win a rod reel and tacklebox full of luers

14. trent1able says:

@OntarioBassFishing ha. me2 dont feel bad. did that today infact……i lost a huge bass.

15. narwals27 says:

@OntarioBassFishing use a brick as bait..it will solve ur problems

16. narwals27 says:

u should use bricks as bait…really works

17. brettLOVE1 says:

lol who ever sets the hook before they feel the fish? I mean i have with top waters on really slow day a few hundred cast after i start lol and i never get any much over 6 or 7 but kansas is not texas or florida or cali

18. HiWay69s says:

better have super sharp hooks when doin’ the pull method

19. I’m sorry but when I get a bite, I get excited and I just jerk my rod up . I needa learn this sometime

20. imakillamann says:

@Hookinfinger3 can you stop commenting on this video and get a life man?

21. AYTBRTA says:

Hookfinger…… Can you say anger management? LMAO

22. Dmgolfer22 says:

All you do with a ‘pull’ set when fishing a plastic worm or a buzzfrog is ‘pull’ it out of their mouth…due to the hook being rigged weedless you have to ‘snap’ the hook through the bait…Its much like the old way of tying a string to a loose tooth and a door…when the line is slacked you slammed the door and it snaps the tooth out…same idea with a hookset..A pull set is used for spinnerbaits crankbaits etc. that already have the hooks exposed..

23. wanastunt says:

Does anybody on here use a pull set for a top water frog? I’ve tried it and I’ve lost several over 5. I don’t know anyone who throws a ribbit, or a zoom frog that pull sets, if you don’t drop that rod tip, then snap, you’re going to lose fish. I think that’s the one exception, otherwise I’d tend to agree with him.

24. imasspeons says:

@Hookinfinger3 It’s certainly possible. People have caught bass weighing as much as 25 lbs.

25. ryanmrosa says:

Feel free to stop by gonefishingboard . com for great articles and other fishing videos.

26. @Hookinfinger3 shut up1 i bet u havent caught a damn 15lb fish either!! so shut up! and he knows way more than you

27. Surviveoutdoors2012 says:

I know some ancient technics that are guaranteed to work, It’s something mental that connects the fisherman and the fish.

28. blacksand27 says:

i lost what would have been my best fish this season cause i used the snap set , and i hate fish stories about the one that got away.

29. JSUhero77 says:

I used the pull method yesterday and caught 8 bass. Usually before i learned about this method i woulda lost about half of them so this video was actually helpful. Although they did get eaten by turtles

30. 1.-copy and paste
    2.-paste it in 2 different videos
    3.. hold breath for 10 secs
    4.- look at your hands

31. sabota78 says:

I try to pull or sweep hook, but for some reason it never sets the hook real good. Especially when its colder or there not hittin real hard.

32. asianwannabeamerican says:

If I only had $15-30 to spend, what lures or soft baits would you guys suggest for purchase? I’m going for mostly bass and panfish. Anything that can catch multiple species actually. Any help?

33. cattrax320 says:

i’m trying to be as cool as you. and you saying that i am the immature clit and to fuck off? and im immature. yea your a smart one arn’t you

34. learnintorobot says:

“hahahaha kooolll” and u say i am immature fuck off u clit.